Click to view/download our 2023/2024 Parent Student Handbook!
- We require all students to have an updated credit card on file.
- Tuition payments are due the 1st of each month and will be automatically drafted from the card we have on file
- Dance program runs September – June. The program that your child is enrolled in is broken down into 10 monthly payments with no finance or interest charge.
- We do not freeze memberships or refund classes for missed classes. You can do a makeup class in any class for your child’s age group.
- You must makeup classes in a timely manner before the end of the session because they can not roll over into summer.
- Once your child is registered, if you wish to withdraw them from classes, you must do so in writing. This written notification must be received 30 days before your next draft date.
- June tuition is charged as a full month although you may only have a few classes during it. The other portion of June’s tuition goes towards rehearsal and recital instead of charging an additional performance fee.
- All students have an account that can be accessed on our website. Use this to update your billing info, register for classes/events, and shop our online store.
- If you filled out a paper registration form, you can use your email address to access this account
- Please do not make multiple accounts as you will get locked out of the system. If you cannot access your account please reach out to us to unlock it.
Dress Code (https://onmytoes.perfectmind.com/SocialSite/Product for these items)
Hair: All hair lengths must be worn off the face, neck, and out of the eyes in a ponytail. Please keep extra hair ties, bobby pins, and a brush in your dancer’s bag. Ballet 1, 2, 3, & 4 classes must have their hair in a bun.
Dance Bag: all students should come to class with a dance bag for their shoes labeled with their name
- Ballet/Tap Classes: any color leotard, pink or nude tights, ballet skirt/tutu (optional), pink ballet shoes & black tap shoes
- Hippity Hop Classes: tank top or t-shirt, fitted shorts or leggings, clean black hip hop sneakers
- Tumble Tots & Kinder Tumble Classes: any color leotard, pink or nude convertible or stirrup tights, fitted shorts or leggings (optional), barefoot
Level 1 & Up Classes:
- Ballet/Demi Pointe: Black bodysuit, nude stirrup/convertible tights, ballet skirt, pink split sole ballet shoes
- Pointe: Black bodysuit, stirrup/ convertible tights, ballet skirt, pink pointe shoes
- Tap: Black bodysuit, nude stirrup/convertible tights,fitted shorts (optional) black lace up tap shoes
- Jazz: Black bodysuit, nude stirrup/ convertible tights, fitted shorts (optional), tan split sole jazz shoes
- Lyrical: Black bodysuit, nude stirrup/convertible tights, fitted shorts (optional), nude foot undeez
- Hip Hop: tank top or t-shirt, fitted shorts or leggings, black hip hop sneakers for level 1 (levels 2 & 3 teacher will let you know)
- Tumble/Acro Classes: black leotard, nude stirrup/convertible tights, fitted shorts(optional), barefoot (failure to come properly dressed for this class impedes your dancer’s safety and may result in them having to sit out)
**Level 1 & up dancers should bring a water bottle to class. We do sell water for $1 and will charge to your account on file/accept cash if they need one.
Dance Crews & Comp Teams: black bodysuit, nude or pink convertible/stirrup tights, nude jazz shoes, nude foot undeez
**Sweatshirts are not allowed for any classes. Dance wraps are, and are available on our online dance attire store.
Everything your child brings to class should be labeled accordingly with your child’s first and last name!!
Additionally, please do not wear dance shoes outside. Please come to class in regular shoes and change into your dance shoes in the lobby.
- Attendance is crucial however if the dancer is sick please do not have them attend class. Please email the studio if the dancer is going to be absent. You can always schedule makeup!!
Download our Full Year Calendar to your Phone: Google Calendar
We follow the Lakeland Central School District Calendar for holidays. We do not offer makeup classes for the following closures:
Start Date: Tuesday September 5th, 2023*
Closures (no makeups available for these days):
Rosh Hashanah- September 15-16th
Columbus Day -October 9th*
Halloween- October 31st*
Veterans Day-November 11th*OPEN
Thanksgiving Break- November 22nd-25th*
Holiday Break- December 23rd-January 1st*
Martin Luther King Day- January 15th*
Winter Break- February 17th-23rd
Spring Break- March 27th-30th
Memorial Day- May 24th-27th*
Last Day of Classes: June 15th, 2024*
Bring a Friend to Class Week! October 16th-21st (Rsvp Required)*
Halloween PNO Saturday, October 21st*
Halloween Dress-up Week October 24th-October 30th*
“American Girl” Day Camp! Friday, November 10th 9am-12pm(Veteran’s Day Observed)*
“Grinch” PNO! Saturday December 9th (Snow Day December 16th)*
Holiday Pajama Week December 16th-22nd*
Countdown to Noon Party! Saturday December 30th 9am-12pm
Competition Team Bonding & Mock Competition- January 6th
“Encanto” PNO! Saturday January 13th ( Snow Day January 27th)*
Team Master Class January 13th
Winter Showcase/ January 21st, 2024*
Choreography Workshop (Junior & Elite) February Break*
“Frozen” Winter Camp February 19th-21st (9am-12pm)*
“Glow Party” March PNO Saturday March 2nd*
Fall 2023-2024 Registration/Family Fun Day May 18th 1pm*
“Mermaids & Unicorns” Spring Day Camp! March 25th (9am-12pm)*
Dress Rehearsal/Picture Day/ June 4 & 5 (This is included in June tuition)
Recital Sunday June 9th*
February 2-4th Headliners Morristown, NJ
March 1-3rd Royal Dance Competition Poughkeepsie, NY
April 12-14th Groove Mountain Lakes, NJ
***Please note, our Saturday instructors may miss a few classes during competition season as they will be with our competition teams. Classes will still be held as normal however we will tell you far in advance and prepare your dancer for their absences, and a possible substitute teacher.
We follow the Lakeland Central School District for ALL WEATHER RELATED delays/closures. We will share closings and/or openings pertaining to weather via email and Instagram/Facebook.
Dance Recital– https://onmytoesdance.com/recital/
- Our Dance Recital will be on Sunday June 9th.We will have (2) rehearsal days this year on Tuesday 6/4 & Wednesday 6/5. Your dancer will most likely have to only attend one day unless they are in multiple classes or on a team. Attendance is mandatory.
- All information regarding the recital and costumes fees will be announced during the Fall.
- Costume payments are automatically charged to the card we have on file. We will give you adequate time to prepare for this additional cost. Costumes are non-refundable.
- You will receive detailed information in the recital packet which will be handed out in February/March.
- June tuition includes not only the classes at the studio but also rehearsal and recital day which may be why your class does not meet for a full month in june.
- Please keep voices down in the lobby. It filters into the dance rooms and office areas.
- All children in the lobby must be chaperoned at all times.
- No street shoes are allowed in the dance rooms. This includes parents and siblings.
- If you plan to drop off your dancer, you use Zoom to view their class! Just go to https://onmytoesdance.com/zoom-links/ and enter the password to enter. This is only for dancers 6 & under!
Monthly Newsletter & Social Media Platforms
A monthly newsletter will be emailed out to all students on the 1st of each month and posted on our social media accounts. This newsletter has all important information for the entire month. We will use email, facebook & instagram as our main forms of communicating important dates/times/events. Please “like” our Facebook page (On My Toes Dance Academy) and follow us on Instagram @onmytoesdance.
We are looking forward to another great year at OMT!